Our 15”Rayco Chipper makes light work of even the biggest trees, to produce quality mulch that can be used in the client’s garden.
Mulch is an important component in maintaining a healthy garden, and it’s use should be encouraged for the following reasons:
- Mulch can adjust soil temperature by helping soil retain more heat in spring and fall, and by keeping soil cool. It can even out temperature swings during hot and variable summer conditions.
- Mulch can help control weeds by blocking the sunlight necessary for germination.
- Mulch can retain water in your garden or paddock by slowing evaporation and adding organic matter and nutrients to the soil through the gradual breakdown of the mulch material.
- Mulch will repel insects and incrementally improve growing conditions by reflecting sunlight upwards to the plants.
- Mulch is also useful for erosion control, as it protects soil from rain and preserves moisture for sediment control.